Sunday 18 December 2016

Moana

Trust Disney to hit me right in the feels, right when I really needed it.

Let's start with the short, oh my days, if it wasn't just a representation of my life right now.  It's basically about a guy who goes to work everyday, passing by all the fun and joy of the world.  He's sat at a desk day after day, watching life pass him by.  His life is grey and dull.  He finally makes the decision to go out into the world and interact, enjoy.  I get that there are many, many people in similar situations and I am not in a unique position, but you know when it feels like they are directing it right at you...

Anyway, Moana.  My only complaint is, the songs are no where near Frozen standard.  Everything else, great.  Young girl, has to leave her home island, to return the heart of Te Fiti.  She also has to find the Demi-God Maui to help her put it back.  It's actually another really good moral story of being able to achieve anything if you believe in yourself.  She has to realise her own potential in order to complete her task, as does Maui.  Also, felt like it was speaking directly to me.

And off I go to rethink my life....

Oh, and it took me WAY too long to figure out that the voice of Maui was The Rock...

No comments:

Post a Comment